Who are our scholars? What kind of child benefits from Boys Hope Girls Hope?
If you know a child...
...then he or she may be a candidate for admission to Boys Hope Girls Hope.
- who is 10-14 years old (or 5-14 years old in Latin America);
- who is free from emotional, behavioral, and learning disorders;
- whose environment (abuse or neglect; incapacitated parent; neighborhood violence; chronic poverty; homeless; domestic violence) threatens his or her future potential;
- who exhibits the ability to achieve academically;
- whose parents or guardians are willing to partner with Boys Hope Girls Hope in order to help their child succeed;
Boys Hope Girls Hope is a supportive environment that is designed to assist each scholar in his or her own quest to educational success. It is not designed for youth with academic, emotional or behavioral difficulties. Therefore, the selection of scholars for Boys Hope Girls Hope is one of the most crucial elements in fulfilling the program's mission.