If you know of a child whose circumstances threaten his or her future success and happiness, that child may be a candidate for admission to our program. Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baton Rouge will consider a child for placement in our program given that the following criteria are met.
The child should:
- Be between the ages of 10 and 14 at the time of admission and considered in-need. Older children may be considered based on academic record and desire to participate.
- Have the academic potential and proven ability to succeed in a college-preparatory environment.
- Be open to a long-term, value-centered, nurturing residential setting.
- Have the motivation and desire to be a BHGH scholar.
- Not exhibit serious emotional/behavioral problems; not have severe learning disabilities; not use drugs and/or alcohol and no legal record with law enforcement.
- Have the ability to relate positively and respectfully to others in a group setting.
- Understand and accept the expectations of Boys Hope Girls Hope and choose to join the program voluntarily.
- Have the support of family to enter the program.
For more information on the application process, click here.