- Supports children financially and emotionally through college and beyond.
- Provides children with long-term adult relationships and positive mentoring.
- Places children in value centered, family-like homes, environments, opportunities and education through college
- Family-like homes staffed with live-in residential counselors.
- Funded exclusively through private sector donations.
- Provides a non-residential program for scholars called, Road to Excellence
- Scholars can earn college scholarships up to $4,000 per year (four years) from the BHGH organization.
- Offers tutoring, mentoring, enrichment activities for youth from 5th grade through college to both residential and non-residential scholars.
- BHGH-BR private schools partnerships render partial or full scholarships for qualified high school scholars admitted into the program.
- Boys Hope Girls Hope maintains regular contact with families of children in the program.
- Parent(s) or guardians are welcome to communicate with program staff regarding any concerns they may have about their child's needs or the services provided by Boys Hope Girls Hope.
- Scholars typically visit families two weekends per month. Extended visits occur during school holidays and within summer break. There are no restrictions on contact by phone, letter or e-mail. Special visits can be arranged outside of the established visiting schedule.
- The parents maintain legal custody of their child.
- Parents are informed of special events and activities involving their child and are encouraged to participate.
Parents of Hope
- Affinity group of the parents and guardians of scholars
- Meet once a month with administration to game plan supporting the scholars