Sign Up to become a Dinner Host!
Boys Hope Girls Hope (BHGH) Dinner Hosting
SIGN UP ONLINE AT: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4cafaf28aaf58-dinner
One of our goals at BHGH is to provide a stable, family-like home for children who have faced a variety of challenging obstacles. Having a set, family style dinner each night is just one of the many ways we do that. Hosting dinner in our residential homes is a wonderful opportunity to engage with our scholars and staff to gain a deeper understanding of who we are and the wonderful kids we serve, and give our youth the important opportunity to interact and learn about others.
FAQs about Dinner Hosting:
To sign up to dinner host go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4cafaf28aaf58-dinner
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A DINNER HOST
- Dinner is served at 6pm each night.
- Please plan to prepare enough food for 9-11 people, not including yourself or your group. Due to limited spacing, we ask that you limit your group to no more than 3 or 4 people. There are 8 scholars at each Residential Home. Depending on the evening there will be 1-3 staff members present for dinner.
- Dinner typically consists of a main dish and a salad or other veggie or side dish. Drinks and dessert are always welcome but not an expectation. It is not necessary to bring disposable dishes or silverware.
- There are a variety of options for providing the meal. For example some of our dinner hosts in the past have
- Prepared the meal at their personal home and brought it to the BHGH Residential Home
- Arrive and the Residential Home early and prepare the meal there
- Bring a carry-out dinner to the Residential Home
- Currently, we have one scholar at the Girls Home with a peanut allergy. Otherwise no special dietary restrictions.
- Due to the rigorous schedules of our scholars we try to limit dinner to one hour
- For the security of our scholars, a staff member will email you with the address of the Residential Homes (we do not publish)
- If for some reason you need to cancel or reschedule your meal, please notify the staff as soon as possible.
For questions please contact Seth Alger at email@example.com or 602-266-4873
Take the Credit and Help Boys Hope Girls Hope Today!
Wo-king Poor Tax Credit
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona (BHGH) is designated by the State of Arizona as a charity that qualifies for the Working Poor Tax Credit. By contributing to BHGH, you can choose how your Arizona tax dollars are spent. This is a dollar for dollar tax credit that applies toward your state tax liability.
- Single taxpayers can contribute up to $200; married filing jointly can contribute up to $400
- This tax credit can be made in addition to school tax credits
- Contributions can be made by check (mail to 3443 N. Central Ave, Arcade 7, Phoenix, AZ 85012) or by calling 602.266.4873
- Contribute online by clicking on the “Donate Now” button on the left side of this page
- Contributions must be made by December 31, 2015 in order to qualify for the tax credit.
- Click HERE for the Arizona Working Poor Tax Credit Form 321
Private School Tuition Credit
Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars can also benefit from your Private School Tuition Tax Credit. In order to provide our scholars with the best possible education, tuition expenses are one of the largest budget items at BHGH. You can help reduce this cost by contributing directly to our partner, Catholic Education Arizona and designate your contribution to BHGH.
1. Single taxpayers can contribute up to $1,003
2. Married filing jointly can contribute up to $2,006
3. Contribute by check, send to: Catholic Education Arizona, Bank Processing Center, PO Box 53321, Phoenix, AZ 85072 and write BHGH in the memo line. Click here to print out the contribution form.
By designating BHGH, the money received will provide financial aid for BHGH scholars. If you are currently contributing your tuition tax credit to the Brophy Community Foundation, please continue to do so as your support will impact BHGH scholars.
You can participate in both the Working Poor Tax Credit program and the Private School Tuition Tax Credit program to benefit BHGH Scholars.
Your state tax refund will be increased by the amount contributed if you are owed a tax refund or if you owe the state additional taxes, the amount owed will be reduced by the contribution amount. - In addition, your donation to Boys Hope Girls Hope may also be claimed as a deduction on your Federal income tax return.
*Contact your tax professional for specific guidance
You can also designate Boys Hope Girls Hope for your Valley of the Sun United Way donations (United Way #0084).