Boys Hope Girls Hope (BHGH) Dinner Hosting
SIGN UP ONLINE AT http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4cafaf28aaf58-dinner
One of our goals at BHGH is to provide a stable, family-like home for children who have faced a variety of challenging obstacles. Having a set, family style dinner each night is just one of the many ways we do that. Hosting dinner in our residential homes is a wonderful opportunity to engage with our scholars and staff to gain a deeper understanding of who we are and the wonderful kids we serve, and give our youth the important opportunity to interact and learn about others.
FAQs about Dinner Hosting:
To sign up to dinner host go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4cafaf28aaf58-dinner
- Dinner is served at 6pm each night.
- Please plan to prepare enough food for 9-11 people, not including yourself or your group. Due to limited spacing, we ask that you limit your group to no more than 3 or 4 people. There are 8 scholars at each Residential Home. Depending on the evening there will be 1-3 staff members present for dinner.
- Dinner typically consists of a main dish and a salad or other veggie or side dish. Drinks and dessert are always welcome but not an expectation. It is not necessary to bring disposable dishes or silverware
- There are a variety of options for providing the meal. For example some of our dinner hosts in the past have
- Prepared the meal at their personal home and brought it to the BHGH Residential Home
- Arrive and the Residential Home early and prepare the meal there
- Bring a carry-out dinner to the Residential Home
- Currently, we have one scholar at the Girls Home with a peanut allergy. Otherwise no special dietary restrictions.
- Due to the rigorous schedules of our scholars we try to limit dinner to one hour
- For the security of our scholars, a staff member will email you with the address of the Residential Homes (we do not publish)
- If for some reason you need to cancel or reschedule your meal, please notify the staff as soon as possible.
For any questions please contact Seth Alger at email@example.com or 602-266-4873