On October 4 we will host our annual “Success Starts with Hope” breakfast at Cherry Hills Country Club, bringing together business and community leaders and raising money to make the dreams of a college education a reality for our 80 scholars.
This year’s keynote speaker is Colorado Mesa University President Tim Foster. He will speak on the challenges low income students face in getting prepared and ready for college and what life as a first generation college student looks like.
Mr. Foster has been with Colorado Mesa University since 2004. He is a former member of Colorado Governor Bill Owens' cabinet and served as the executive director for the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
Limited seating is still available for the October 4 event. To reserve your seat, please RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, Sept. 22.
WHAT WE DO
through Academic Preparation
· Tutoring, monitoring of grades, attendance at Parent/Teacher conferences, study skill classes
· Course selection counseling to ensure a college preparatory curriculum
· Summer remediation/boosts
through Cultural Enrichment, Civic Responsibility and Life Skills
· Leadership development and community service
· Career exploration, job shadowing, internships, mock job interviews, work and financial literacy
· Summer camps that match the scholar’s college/career goals
· ACT/SAT preparation and test taking
· College fairs and campus visits
· College application process - entrance essays, college and scholarship applications, FAFSA assistance
· Regular, consistent contact for course-load and financial guidance, coaching, and mentoring