NOW ACCEPTING CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS!
Becoming a Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City scholar is a tremendous and life-changing opportunity for a select few academically capable and motivated young men! If you are or know of a boy between the ages of 10 and 14, who is facing challenging circumstances at home and is ready to join a community devoted to learning, please see the following admissions criteria and fill out our pre-application form.
We don't replace parents. We partner with them.
Please review standard criteria utilized in our admissions process:
- Be between the ages of 10 and 14 at the time of admission.
- Be capable of succeeding in a rigorous academic environment
- Be free of serious learning disorders and emotional/behavioral issues.
- Be drug- and alcohol-free.
- Understand and accept the expectations of the Boys Hope Girls Hope program and voluntarily participate.
- Need an "out-of-home" placement.
- Be open to a long-term, value-centered, and nurturing residential setting.
- Have the ability to positively relate to peers and authority.
- Have the support of his family.
- If you would like to become a referral agent or to refer a child, please click to fill out our online secure
REFERRAL FORM or contact us for admission opportunities.
- A personal interview will be arranged between the referral agent (if applicable), Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City, the child, and his family.
- Please be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Completed application
- Academic, immunization and other pertinent records
- Handwritten letter from the child to the Board of Directors of Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City requesting consideration.
- Participation in a 3-day, 2 night visit by the child to the program home
- Completion of academic and psychological testing
- Our Program Committee will review all documents and assessments to determine whether a child will be admitted to the Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City Program.